Learn to unlock your positive energy
ALLA Svirinskaya, Russian healer to the stars, believes everyone can harness an inner power to make their lives happier and healthier.
IT IS clear that Alla Svirinskaya practises what she preaches because she radiates beauty, yet she's not wearing a scrap of make-up. "When you are balanced you stay away from excess," she explains.
"You know when to stop because you're connected to your needs not your wants."
Alla, 37, is a big believer in preventative medicine. "To be symptom free doesn't mean you are healthy but that's how the majority of people define their health.
"They need to find that inner vitality, that joy of living life rather than surviving it. As a healer I am not allowed to give diagnoses but if I feel that something is severe I'll tell a client to see their doctor.
"I had a patient who kept saying there was nothing wrong with him. I found stagnant energy around his kidneys and suggested he had an ultrasound which showed a massive kidney stone. He was about to take a long flight and it could have been fatal if the stone had moved while he was in the air."
Alla was born and raised in Moscow in the 1970s and healing has been in her family for at least five generations. "People came to our house to see my mother and I was always listening and watching how she treated patients," says Alla, who now lives in west London with her eight-year-old daughter Raphaella.
"When I got older she'd ask me to hold my hand above someone's body and describe the sensations. It's like reading Braille, I sense the vibration of the frequency and each organ has its own vibration."
Alla was 12 when she healed a classmate who was having a severe asthma attack. "I put my hands on her and channelled energy the way my mother did for her patients and she stopped hyperventilating and wheezing," she explains.
Later, she went to medical school and then studied acupuncture in Sri Lanka as well as going to Australia to learn how the Aborigines use herbs. Alla eventually gave up orthodox medicine and took up healing full-time.
In the early Nineties she moved to London where the magazine Harpers & Queen published an article on her after she helped one of its journalists who had an overactive thyroid. Word about her spread and Alla's client list, which runs into thousands, is now closed.
"I meditate every day for 45 minutes and do a 24-hour fast once a week. It's part of my personal hygiene. In order to be a good healer you become a vessel. You have to know how to go into an altered state of consciousness. I don't exist then. My hands don't necessarily become very hot, sometimes they swell up or they tingle.
"However, it's not about them, it's about what's going through them. I am part of this stream of energies from below, the earth and above, the universe.
"After a session you ache and you might be exhausted. There can be crying and a release of emotions."
THE Duchess of York Sarah Ferguson is one of Alla's clients and has endorsed her new book, Energy Secrets. It is said that Sarah's daughters Beatrice and Eugenie have also been treated by Alla.
It seems Alla's daughter, Raphaella, may have also inherited the family gift. "My mother had a bad fall recently and Raphaella held her hand above her bruise and felt it was hot. An injury is an area of very hot energy, although she didn't know that."
It seems there will be a sixth generation of healer in the family.
BANISH NEGATIVITY BY FOLLOWING THESE EXPERT TIPS:
- Create positivity by adding a quarter cup of bicarbonate of soda and a tablespoon of sea salt to a full bath. Submerge yourself three times and imagine your negative energy is being washed away.
- To ease disturbed sleep, take an organic egg and write your name on it. Place the egg on your bedside table at the level of your head for seven days. If the egg cracks (which it will do if it absorbs too much negative energy) throw it away and replace it with a new one. At the end of the week throw the egg away without breaking it.
- If you're facing a difficult meeting, place a vase of white roses between you and the other person to neutralise the negative energy exchange.
- Wash away negative thoughts and emotions with an energy shower by making a salt rub of sweet almond oil, a handful of coarse sea salt and a few drops of sandalwood, juniper or sage essential oil. As you rinse off the scrub, ask the water to wash away your problems.
- Boost your immune system with walnuts. Mix 500g of finely chopped walnuts with 300g of manuka honey and 100g of aloe vera juice. Take one tablespoon three times a day before each meal.
- Splash your face and body with cold water to improve anything from circulation to the desire to eat healthily. It also improves memory and concentration.
- Feeling weak? Light a candle and place your palms either side of the flame.
- Breathe slowly and deeply. With each in breath, imagine the energy of the flame entering your palms. With each exhale, imagine it travelling down to your solar plexus. Keep it up for five minutes.
Melanie Whitehouse - Express.co.uk